CLACPI Network - coming soon....
Integrated by many organizations in Latin America, CLACPI promotes community-based media, particularly video production, as a way to preserve and enhance indigenous cultures from their own point of view. Since 1985 CLACPI organizes Indigenous Film + Video Festivals about every two years. What makes this festival very special is that it is itinerant and international: México (1985 y 2006), Brazil (1987), Venezuela (1990), Peru (1992), Bolivia (1996 y 2008), Guatemala (1999), Wallmapu Chile (2004), Ecuador (2010) and Colombia (2012).
Available on IsumaTV:
A selection of films presented in this festival provided by eleven media makers from different communities in Brazil, Mexico, Bolivia and Ecuador.
The complete story about IsumaTV's participation on the "10th International Film + Video Festival of the Indigenous People" organized by CLACPI and the CONAIE in Ecuador on October 2010. From IsumaTV's conference and workshop to the daily experiences.
Other indigenous and community-based productions from Latin America are available on IsumaTV:
(Video in the Villages) is an organization that provides video workshops for indigenous communities all over Brazil so they may have a voice of their own. The videos create dialogue between communities and with the outside world.
A feature film produced by the Wirrarika people. "The Marakate are guided by fire and feather… in their singing they will find the way… if there are no jicareros to provide the offerings to the sacred place, illness may come, or it may stop raining."
Documentary series about the traditional voyages and celebrations of the wirraritarie (indigenous culture from Mexico).
Servicios en Comunicación Intercultural Servindi. News, special reports, interviews and audiovisual productions related to the indigenous people worldwide.
Mapuche Nation, Chile. News and information on the Mapuche Nation of Chile.
Centro de Comunicación Mapuche KONA Producciones. Integrated by Mapuche media-makers from Puel Mapu, Mapuche Nation (Patagonia, Argentina)
A channel created by David Alberto Hernández Palmar from the Wayuu Nation of Venezuela. A photographer, videomaker, program organizer and journalist. He has produced documentaries for broadcast in Europe for Deutsche Welle and Canal Arte and has worked collaboratively on documentaries on the Wayuu such as Dalia se va de Jepira (2006). Hernández Palmar has independently curated indigenous film programs in Venezuela and abroad.
An indigenous summit that took place in Colombia on 2010 to strengthen and consolidate the indigenous organizations coordination at a continental level.
A network that supports environment sustainability and human rights for the indigenous people of the Amazon in Peru.
This group seeks help to to protect its land, language and culture.
A social organization based in Uruguay that educates and produces community-based TV media. Their objective is to strengthen citizen's participation and community identity as tool for social transformation, expresion, dialogue and action, at a local and global level. They have different channels on IsumaTV:
- Hacé y mostrá A community TV show that talks about different realities from the perspective of each one of the characters).
- Árbol-2010 (Arbol 2010)
- Te paso un pique A set of tips on how to produce videos, films and tv series.
- Visionando A documentation on the conferences, workshops, productions and screenings of Arbol, a place to exchange knowledge.
- Generando movimiento "Generating Movement" a participative production created on 2009. A six episode tv series about the colective experiences and how to make a community and social change.
- Arbol en français Arbol in English Arbol in French and English.
- Radios comunitarias Montevideo Community Radio Stations in the city of Uruguay.
- Radios comunitarias interior Community Radio Stations in Uruguay.
- Leyendas del futuro "Legends from the Future" a tv series created by the youth of Rocha, Paso de los Toros y Salto Uruguay. It looks into how through their artistic expression they can make their dreams come true.
- Materiales de formación proyecto árbol Support Material for Video Training.