The Inuusivut Project is a national initiative of the Embrace Life Council and the National Inuit Youth Council. The primary objective of the project is to learn, document and share - through a variety of multi-media techniques - how Inuit perceive, express, develop, foster and promote mental health.
Increasing Youth Capacity to Promote Mental Health Issues
One of the main objectives of the Inuusivut project is to increase community capacity to promote mental health.
In an effort to meet this objective, the Inuusivut project team and partners are accessing multi-media equipment (digital cameras, video cameras, etc.) and making them available to local groups in Inuit communities across Canada for use in project activities.
Multi-Media & Youth Leadership Training
Besides having access to equipment, many youth require training to learn how to use the equipment and work with multi-media. The Inuusivut Project provides training to youth in Inuit communities across Canada in photography, video production and youth leadership.If you are interested in receiving multi-media and youth leadership training through the Inuusivut Project, please contact our Project Coordinator.
Once you have indicated your interest in receiving training, we will work with you to:
- Identify specific training and equipment needs
- Design a workshop that suits your needs
- Raise funds (towards airfare and other expenses)
- Advertise and recruit youth Coordinate and deliver workshop
- Produce health-related videos/posters/newsletters, etc. that you and the youth participants design
- Establish a Youth Media Team in your community
- 2007 Ajjikamra -Kitikmeot Inuit Association (click here to see some pics)
- 2008 Kitikmeot Inuit Association (click here to see pics)
- One Minutes - Iqaluit (click here to see pics)
- Rankin Inlet Youth Leadership and Multi-Media Training
- Qamani’tuaq Multi-Media Training, Anti-Sniffing Project
- Omingmaktok/Hiraarvik, Regional Elder and Youth Camp
- Pangnirtung Youth Drama and Multi-Media Workshops, August 29-September 4, 2008
- Kinngait Youth Leadership and Multi-Media Workshops, September 29-October 3, 2008
- Dialogue For Life, Montreal: November 29-December1, 2008
- Nunatsiavut, ToBeDetermined
- Inuvialuit, ToBeDetermined