DID News Alert May 18, 2012. The Nunavut Impact Review Board (NIRB) has sent out a list of the key issues that will be discussed during the final community hearings in July. More ᓂᐲᑦ ᐃᓄᒃᑎᑐᑦ Inuktitut Audio About NIRB. They are:
- Alternatives to Steensby Inlet port
- Destruction of inuksuit along the railway
- Risks of accidents, spills, environmental disasters, and rescue response plan.
- Overwintering of fuel in barges and its environmental risks.
- Impact of shipping route on marine wildlife (walrus, bowhead, narhwals, belugas)
- Monitoring of water and soil pollution, risks of contamination of water sources.
- Environmental impact of railway, effect on caribou population.
Follow this link for a complete collection of Baffinland's presentations during the Iqaluit technical meetings: ftp.nirb.ca/02-REVIEWS/ACTIVE%20REVIEWS/08MN053-BAFFINLAND%20MARY%20RIVER/2-REVIEW/08-FINAL%20EIS/05-TECHNICAL%20MEETING/BIMC%20PRESENTATIONS/
All the presentations are in PDF files. More news at DID News Alert