IsumaTV carries over 5000 videos, and thousands of other images and audio files, in more than 70 different languages, on 800+ user-controlled channels, representing indigenous cultures and media organizations from Canada, U.S.A., Greenland, Norway, Sweden, Russia, Australia, New Zealand and all over Latin America.
IsumaTV is a collaborative multimedia platform for indigenous filmmakers and media organizations. All users can take advantage of the platform to:
- Register & Open as many channels as needed.
- Upload videos as well as photos and audio files to their own channels.
- Upload multiple videos at the same time via FTP.
- Upload instantly through email.
- Choose their preferred thumbnail to represent their media.
- Publish text posts and attach images, PDF documents or other files for download.
- Tag their videos, photos or audio files for increased searchability.
- Link any other channel on IsumaTV to their own through "Related Channels".
- Edit & Remove their media or related information at any time.
- Retain 100% copyrights to all their media.
- Manage their channels by designating other users as their administrators.
- Network with other users by inviting them to join and follow their channels.
- Reach viewers with varying internet connections through automatic optimized page loading and multiple resolution playback of all their videos allowing for easy streaming and less buffering for people with low-internet connections, and providing 1080p HD to those with hi-speed internet.
- Communicate with viewers in a multi-language interface.
- Share their media widely with viewers on any computer or mobile devise through the website's responsive design that automatically adjusts the display to fit any screen size.
- Distribute their videos and audio files as downloadable podcasts.
- Access remote audiences through the automatic synchronization of their videos to IsumaTV's Mediaplayer Distribution Network which streams videos at high-speed in isolated communities with poor internet connection. Find out more here.
- Engage viewers through the integration of Facebook commenting, liking and sharing.
- Embed their videos on other websites.
CUSTOM DESIGNED CHANNELS
Larger media organizations can custom-design their own space, or channel, to reflect their own identity, mandate and audience. By uploading digital media to the IsumaTV shared state-of-the-art infrastructure, each organization pays a fraction of the cost of creating and maintaining the platform, without needing to re-invent the digital wheel over and over again.
Multiple additional features are available to media organization hosting their collection on IsumaTV, such as:
- Geoblocking restricting their media to the IsumaTV Mediaplayer Network in remote indigenous communities.
- Private channels and media.
- Personalized URLs for their channels and media.
- Embedded subtitles in multiple languages for individual videos.
- VOD setup to digitally distribute and sell videos to viewers for personal use.
- Playlists to curate their media and enhance engagement with their audience.
- Multi-Channels Display to stream media on more than one channel.
- Detailed Statistics on media views and viewers.
- Advanced tagging options for custom tagging fields, permissions and menus.
- Translated interface to their indigenous language.
- Promote their media on the IsumaTV front page feature window.
- Promote their media through the IsumaTV Mediaplayer Network of local program managers.
- Completely Customized channel and video display appearance.